Registrations for JEE Main 2018 ( Joint Entrance Examination) began today morning at 10 am. Aspiring candidates can log in to the official website and register online. The official website for registration is www.jeemain.nic.in. The link for filling the form has been made available since 10 am today on December 1, 2017.
CBSE( Central Board of Secondary Education) released the official notification for JEE Main 2018 on November 24th, 2017. The eligibility criteria are mentioned in details in the notification available on the website. Aspiring candidates are advised to carefully read the eligibility criteria before applying online for the examination. The eligibility criteria are about the age limit, the number of attempts criteria and educational qualification. However, there are some other instructions to keep in mind.
Important instructions about JEE Main 2018 examination
- Aadhar card has been made mandatory for the JEE Main 2018 examination. Candidates can check the Aadhar card clause in the official notification.
- The number of attempts to appear for JEE Main 2018 is three only. And the candidates who are preparing for the JEE Advanced should know about the revised criteria also. The number of attempts is capped at 2 for JEE Advanced.
- Students should note that they are filling the correct form for the examination. The online registration form is available on the website www.jeemaiin.nic.in. Also, the form is available on CBSE website and UMANG APP.
- Students are advised filling the online form via laptop or a desktop. Kindly do not try to fill the form via a mobile phone.
- Candidates are required to upload their picture and signatures as well. However, the picture should be as per the instructions mentioned in the JEE Main 2018 instructions bulletin. Parents would also have to upload their signatures to the online form.
- Candidates are requested to upload the picture correctly, as there will be an option to do minor changes but this doesn’t guarantee that CBSE would open an edit window. It is to be noted that the students would have to be careful while filling the information.
- Aspiring candidates should take note of the centers while registering for the examination.
This phase -I exam will be conducted online and offline mode. Pen and paper mode is not available in all centers. Although for the Phase- II exam will have pen and paper mode all across centers.